Holes (Pasta dura)
- 20 Years in Print
- Winner of the National Book Award
- “Dazzling” ―Publishers Weekly, starred review
- “Heartrending” ―The Horn Book, starred review
- “Brilliant” ―School Library Journal, starred review
- “Engrossing” ―Kirkus Reviews
- “A joyful, eerie tour de force” ―The Boston Sunday Globe
- “Wildly inventive” ―The New York Times Book Review
- Stanley Yelnats’s family has a history of bad luck, so he isn’t too surprised when a miscarriage of justice sends him to a boys’ juvenile detention center, Camp Green Lake. But there is no lake―it has been dry for over a hundred years―and it’s hardly a camp: as punishment, the boys must each dig a hole a day, five feet deep, five feet across, in the hard earth of the dried-up lake bed. The warden claims that this pointless labor builds character, but that’s a lie. Stanley must try to dig up the truth.
- In this wonderfully inventive, compelling novel that is both serious and funny, Louis Sachar weaves a narrative puzzle that tangles and untangles, until it becomes clear that the hand of fate has been at work in the lives of the characters―and their forebears―for generations. It is a darkly humorous tale of crime, punishment, and redemption.
Información del producto
- PID MDFkNzc3MW
- Número de modelo 978-0374312640
- ISBN 978-0374312640
Descripción del producto
Editor: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR); Edición: Paperback (26 de junio de 2018)
Peso: 12.8 oz.
Peso: 12.8 oz.