Black Leopard, Red Wolf (The Dark Star Trilogy) (Pasta dura)
- Winner of the L.A. Times Ray Bradbury Prize
- Finalist for the 2019 National Book Award
- Drawing from African history and mythology and his own rich imagination, Marlon James has written a novel unlike anything that's come before it: a saga of breathtaking adventure that's also an ambitious, involving read. Defying categorization and full of unforgettable characters, Black Leopard, Red Wolf is both surprising and profound as it explores the fundamentals of truth, the limits of power, and our need to understand them both.
- The New York Times Bestseller
- Named a Best Book of 2019 by The Wall Street Journal, TIME, NPR, GQ, Vogue, and The Washington Post
- "A fantasy world as well-realized as anything Tolkien made." --Neil Gaiman
- "Gripping, action-packed....The literary equivalent of a Marvel Comics universe." --Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times
- The epic novel, an African Game of Thrones, from the Man Booker Prize-winning author of A Brief History of Seven Killings
- In the stunning first novel in Marlon James's Dark Star trilogy, myth, fantasy, and history come together to explore what happens when a mercenary is hired to find a missing child.
- Tracker is known far and wide for his skills as a hunter: "He has a nose," people say. Engaged to track down a mysterious boy who disappeared three years earlier, Tracker breaks his own rule of always working alone when he finds himself part of a group that comes together to search for the boy. The band is a hodgepodge, full of unusual characters with secrets of their own, including a shape-shifting man-animal known as Leopard.
- As Tracker follows the boy's scent--from one ancient city to another; into dense forests and across deep rivers--he and the band are set upon by creatures intent on destroying them. As he struggles to survive, Tracker starts to wonder: Who, really, is this boy? Why has he been missing for so long? Why do so many people want to keep Tracker from finding him? And perhaps the most important questions of all: Who is telling the truth, and who is lying?
Información del producto
- PID ZWQzNDUzMz
- Número de modelo 978-0735220171
- ISBN 978-0735220171
Descripción del producto
Editor: Riverhead Books; Edición: 1st Edition (5 de febrero de 2019)
Peso: 2.2 lb.
Peso: 2.2 lb.