Best Little Stories from World War II: More than 100 true stories (Pasta blanda)
- The untold stories of bravery, triumph, and redemption in the depths of the darkest world war.
- Behind the great powers, global military conflict, and infamous battles are more than 100 incredible stories that bring to life the Second World War. During the six years of war were countless little-known moments of profound triumph and tragedy, bravery and cowardice, and good and evil.
- These amazing and unbelievable stories of brotherhood, redemption, escape, and civilian courage shed new light on the war that gripped the entire world. Experience the action through the eyes of people like:
- Lieutenant Jacob Beser, who was aboard both the Enola Gay and Bock's Car and felt the force of the shockwave that nearly destroyed the planes after dropping the H-bombs that obliterated Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Professor William Miller, who collapsed during a death march of POWs in Germany and was saved by the same man who had rescued him from what would have been a fatal car wreck in Pennsylvania five years earlier.
- The brave civilians who answered the British Admiralty's call to help rescue an army from Dunkirk during the height of a dangerous battle and sailed small fishing boats into relentless German fire, ultimately saving 335,000 men from
- This is the perfect book for any history buff looking for the untold stories of military and civilian daring during World War 2.
Información del producto
- PID Nzk3MDA1Mm
- Número de modelo 978-1402243578
- ISBN 978-1402243578
Descripción del producto
Sobre el autor:
C. Brian Kelly, a prize-winning journalist, is cofounder of Montpelier Publishing and a columnist and editor emeritus for Military History magazine. He is also a lecturer in news writing at the University of Virginia. Kelly's articles have appeared in Reader's Digest, Friends, Yankee, Rod Serling's Twilight Zone, and other magazines. He is the author of several books on American history and resides in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Número de paginas: : 448 páginas
Editor: Cumberland House; Edición: 2 (1 de noviembre de 2010)
Peso: 1.4 lb.