The Day the Crayons Quit (Pasta dura)
- Handpicked by Amazon kids’ books editor, Seira Wilson, for Prime Book Box – a children’s subscription that inspires a love of reading.
- Poor Duncan just wants to color. But when he opens his box of crayons, he finds only letters, all saying the same thing: His crayons have had enough! They quit! Beige Crayon is tired of playing second fiddle to Brown Crayon. Black wants to be used for more than just outlining. Blue needs a break from coloring all those bodies of water. And Orange and Yellow are no longer speaking—each believes he is the true color of the sun.
- “Jeffers . . . elevates crayon drawing to remarkable heights.” –Booklist
- “Fresh and funny.” –The Wall Street Journal
- "This book will have children asking to have it read again and again.” –Library Media Connection
- * “This colorful title should make for an uproarious storytime.” –School Library Journal, starred review
- * “These memorable personalities will leave readers glancing apprehensively at their own crayon boxes.” –Publishers Weekly, starred review
- “Utterly original.” –San Francisco Chronicle
- What can Duncan possibly do to appease all of the crayons and get them back to doing what they do best?
- Kids will be imagining their own humorous conversations with crayons and coloring a blue streak after sharing laughs with Drew Daywalt and New York Times bestseller Oliver Jeffers. This story is perfect as a back-to-school gift, for all budding artists, for fans of humorous books such as Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems and The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Sciezka and Lane Smith, and for fans of Oliver Jeffers' Stuck, The Incredible Book Eating Boy, Lost and Found, and This Moose Belongs to Me.
- Praise for The Day the Crayons Quit
- Amazon’s 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
- A Barnes & Noble Best Book of 2013
- Goodreads’ 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
- Winner of the E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
- * “Hilarious . . . Move over, Click, Clack, Moo; we’ve got a new contender for the most successful picture-book strike.” –BCCB, starred review
Información del producto
- PID NTA3M2RkZj
- Número de modelo 978-0399255373
- ISBN 978-0399255373
Descripción del producto
Editor: Philomel Books; Edición: 1st (27 de junio de 2013)
Peso: 1.1 lb.
Peso: 1.1 lb.