The New York Times Book of the Dead: 320 Print and 10,000 Digital Obituaries of Extraordinary People (Pasta dura)
- The obituary page of The New York Times is a celebration of extraordinary lives. This groundbreaking package includes 300 obits in the book with exclusive online access to 10,000 more of the most important and fascinating obituaries the Times has ever published.
- The obituary page is the section many readers first turn to not only see who died, but to read some of the most inspiring, insightful, often funny, and elegantly written stories celebrating the lives of the men and women who have influenced on our world.
- William McDonald, The Times' obituary editor who was recently featured in the award-winning documentary Obit, selected 320 of the most important and influential obits from the newspaper's archives. In chapters like "Stage and Screen," "Titans of Business," "The Notorious," "Scientists and Healers," "Athletes," and "American Leaders," the entries include a wide variety of newsmakers from the last century and a half, including Annie Oakley, Theodore Roosevelt, Joseph Stalin, Marilyn Monroe, Coco Chanel, Malcolm X, Jackie Robinson and Prince.
- Also included is a web-key which allows instant access to an exclusive website featuring 10,000 selected obituaries which are easily searchable by name, theme, dates, and more.
- Designed with more than 150 black-and-white photographs, this tomb-sized book plus website package is the perfect gift.
Información del producto
- PID NmMwMDk5MT
- Número de modelo 978-0316395472
- ISBN 978-0316395472
Descripción del producto
Peso: 4.7 lb.
Peso: 4.7 lb.