A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A Feast of Crows / A Dance with Dragons
- Perfect for fans of HBO’s Game of Thrones—a boxed set featuring the first five novels!
- An immersive entertainment experience unlike any other, A Song of Ice and Fire has earned George R. R. Martin—dubbed “the American Tolkien” by Time magazine—international acclaim and millions of loyal readers. Now here is the entire monumental cycle:
- Winter is coming. Such is the stern motto of House Stark, the northernmost of the fiefdoms that owe allegiance to King Robert Baratheon in far-off King’s Landing. There Eddard Stark of Winterfell rules in Robert’s name. There his family dwells in peace and comfort: his proud wife, Catelyn; his sons Robb, Brandon, and Rickon; his daughters Sansa and Arya; and his bastard son, Jon Snow. Far to the north, behind the towering Wall, lie savage Wildings and worse—unnatural things relegated to myth during the centuries-long summer, but proving all too real and all too deadly in the turning of the season.
- Yet a more immediate threat lurks to the south, where Jon Arryn, the Hand of the King, has died under mysterious circumstances. Now Robert is riding north to Winterfell, bringing his queen, the lovely but cold Cersei, his son, the cruel, vainglorious Prince Joffrey, and the queen’s brothers Jaime and Tyrion of the powerful and wealthy House Lannister—the first a swordsman without equal, the second a dwarf whose stunted stature belies a brilliant mind. All are heading for Winterfell and a fateful encounter that will change the course of kingdoms.
- Meanwhile, across the Narrow Sea, Prince Viserys, heir of the fallen House Targaryen, which once ruled all of Westeros, schemes to reclaim the throne with an army of barbarian Dothraki—whose loyalty he will purchase in the only coin left to him: his beautiful yet innocent sister, Daenerys.
- “Long live George Martin . . . a literary dervish, enthralled by complicated characters and vivid language, and bursting with the wild vision of the very best tale tellers.”—The New York Times
- A GAME OF THRONES
- A CLASH OF KINGS
- A STORM OF SWORDS
- A FEAST FOR CROWS
- A DANCE WITH DRAGONS
- “One of the best series in the history of fantasy.”—Los Angeles Times
Información del producto
- PID ZmUxZjkxOG
- Número de modelo 978-0345535528
- ISBN 978-0345535528
Descripción del producto
Praise for George R. R. Martin and A Song of Ice and Fire
“The only fantasy series I’d put on a level with J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings . . . It’s a fantasy series for hip, smart people, even those who don’t read fantasy.”
— Chicago Tribune
“Martin amply fulfills the first volume’s promise and continues what seems destined to be one of the best fantasy series ever written.”
— The Denver Post, on A Clash of Kings
“Martin has produced
— is producing, since the series isn’t over
— the great fantasy epic of our era. It’s an epic for a more profane, more jaded, more ambivalent age than the one Tolkien lived in.”
— Lev Grossman, Time
“Addictive . . . George R. R. Martin has created the unlikely genre of the realpolitik fantasy novel.”
— Rolling Stone, on A Feast for Crows
“Epic fantasy as it should be written: passionate, compelling, convincingly detailed and thoroughly imagined.”
— The Washington Post, on A Dance with Dragons
“I always expect the best from George R. R. Martin, and he always delivers.”
— Robert Jordan
Sobre el autor:
George R. R. Martin is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many novels, including the acclaimed series A Song of Ice and Fire
— A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. As a writer-producer, he has worked on The Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and pilots that were never made. He lives with the lovely Parris in Santa Fe, New Mexico.